Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Seafood Garlic Cream Sauce Pasta

Alright, finally got a new one for you all! So, if you aren't my facebook friend you don't exactly know how this week is going for me. Let me tell you. Monday night while running I was semi-molested by a 20 year old boy trying to hit on me... while I was running. Then I heard a child scream at the top of her lungs. I live in a nice suburb people, not inner city Baltimore. Then I found out our floors weren't going to be done until Thursday now instead of yesterday. That means I can't bake in my own kitchen for the event I'm making 350 cupcakes for on Friday. Yea... and I'm doing it all for free so this just adds to the stress level. Somehow in the 5 hours between getting off and going to bed and transporting all of these back to my house I have to make 350 cupcakes. It's all going to a wonderful cause, I'm just not so sure how I'm ever going to get it done. I'll get back to you on that. Then this morning a rock knicked a chunk out of my windshield. Of course, I know these are all little things in the grand scheme of things but I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever catch a break this week! Yeesh, well maybe I should drown my sorrows in the carbs of my leftover pasta.

Seafood Garlic Cream Sauce Pasta
Yield ~4 servings

1 cup mushrooms
1/2 onion, sliced
6 garlic cloves, chopped
1/2 cup peas
1/4 cup sherry wine
4 scallops
1 1/2 dozen mussels
1/2 pound shrimp
1/2 cup cream

pasta (enough to your liking)

Add some oil to a pan on medium high. Saute mushrooms and onions, with salt and pepper. Add sherry wine to deglaze. Add chopped garlic and allow it to get fragrant on the medium high heat. Add the scallops and mussels, and turn the scallops once they start to get seared. Then add the shrimp, peas, and cream. Let the sauce reduce. It should be done when the shrimp are done cooking. Meanwhile cook your pasta and when it is done add the sauce to your pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment