Friday, October 5, 2012

Steelers Game

This forgetfulness keeps getting worse and worse. Once again, I forgot my memory card to my camera. Which means I don't have pictures for the risotto recipe I was going to share. I will have to wait until next week to spread the risotto love. Until then, all I can do is give you a recipe we came up with a few weeks ago that I am currently obsessed with and we've made it every week. I eat it for dinner, and lunch, and snacks. It's my favorite thing ever and probably not what you're expecting. I am making it though for our tail gate this weekend.  I am going to the Steelers game with my Dad since he has season tickets. I love going to the games and my Dad has an awesome tail gate set up with a tiki bar and sound system. It's a great party. Exhibit A.
This is just us getting everything set up too! It's such a fun time and I can't wait so I am bringing this cabbage dish we made up. I'm not sure what to call it, maybe braised cabbage. We'll go with it. Unfortunately, no picture though.

Braised Cabbage
Yield ~12 servings or more (depending how you eat it, for me, it's less)

2 head cabbage, sliced into salad size pieces
1/2 package of bacon, diced
1 onion, sliced
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1 12 ounce beer (light preferably)
1 cup water
salt and pepper, to your liking 

Place all your ingredients in a large pot and bring it to a boil. Once it is boiling, let it simmer on low heat until cooked through, about 30 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment