Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Peach Pie with Pecan Brown Sugar Struesel

I am getting really bad at remembering to do posts or maybe it's just that I've been super busy. Then, when I finally  make something you get a picture like this because 1) my good camera dies right as I try to take a picture and 2) because I can't even wait 5 minutes after it's taken out of the oven to take a picture before I indulge. Alas, you get what you get and hopefully that's good enough.

I've been so busy because I got a new job! I start on October 22 and since then it's been a roller coaster ride of celebrating and home improvements.It started with the new light fixture I showed you last week and then we painted the kitchen this past weekend and now we are putting in new floors and wainscoting. I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself. See how pretty it looks! Ok, I know it's really not that great but before the walls were light blue and the dry wall was peeling and there was leftover wallpaper. So from that to where we are now, it's a big deal so I'm happy!
Peach Pie with Pecan Brown Sugar Struesel
Yield ~8 servings

Filling
2 1/2- 3 pounds peaches, sliced
juice of 1/4 lemon
2/3 cup sugar
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon

Topping
4 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup oats
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt

Frozen pie crust (or you can make your own)

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Prepare your pie crust or take your frozen pie crust out to thaw. In a bowl mix together the peaches, lemon juice, sugar, and cinnamon. Let it sit while you make the topping. In another bowl mix together the flour, oats, brown sugar, pecans, and salt. Cut your butter into slices about 1/2 tablespoon large, then add them in. With you fingers mix it together until it becomes crumbly. Next pour about half the juice that will accumulate from the filling bowl out down the drain, then pour the rest into the pie shell. Then place all the topping on top and spread out evenly. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 400 degrees. After that, lower it to 350 degrees and bake for another 25-30 minutes. If the crust is starting to brown quickly you can cover it with tin foil.

No comments:

Post a Comment