Thursday, September 27, 2012

Queso Mac N Cheese

Big things are happening in our household! Big things in the form of... new light fixtures? Yes, this is the sad truth. I unlike most of the people my age do not own a pet, am not married, and do not have any babies. The new light fixture I got yesterday is my baby because I've never been so excited about something. And that's what's supposed to happen when you have a baby right? You've never been so excited...? Look how beautiful she is! We can just call her Gem.
She came into my life yesterday around 3:15 PM and was officially home in her new place by 6:35 PM. This is getting a little creepy, isn't it. Ok, ok, well I'm just excited because we are finally starting to do some upgrades since I moved in! Wait til you see our kitchen. I already replastered two walls and sanded them down (which resulted in me looking like a ghost cause I was covered in so much dust). Then last night I got all the old wallpaper off of one of the walls. Next up, painting! For now, let's move on to this highly addictive spicy mac n cheese.

Queso Mac N Cheese
Yield ~6 servings

1 pound pasta shells, cooked
1/2 onion, diced
1/2 pound bacon, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups milk
2 tablespoons corn starch mixed with 2 tablespoons water
4 ounces cream cheese
4 ounces Velveeta cheese
salt and pepper

small can of diced jalapenos
~20 grape tomatoes, sliced in half
Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook your pasta until noodles are al dente. While they're cooking in a saucepan, cook your onion and bacon until done. Next add in the milk, cream cheese, and velveeta until melted together. This will be very soupy. In a small bowl mix together the corn starch and water to make a slurry. Then pour this into the cheese mixture to thicken it up. Shortly after, take the pan off the heat and let sit for a minute. Once the cheese sauce is finished, mix it in with the pasta, jalapenos, and tomatoes, then pour it in a baking dish. Bake for about 20 minutes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment