Friday, September 21, 2012

Stuffed Crust Buffalo Chicken Pizza

All I have to say is you  know it's football season when recipes like this come around. And it's a really good thing my friend just happened to say 'Hey I made this last night, want another guest blogger?' I say 'YES!' This is my same friend who gave us the good old Eastern NC BBQ and Lexington Slaw. Thank goodness for friends who know how to cook since I have majorly been slacking lately. I get all excited about buying a fig tree and planting it that I forget to cook. Without further ado here it is...

This recipe came to me when I was too lazy to cook Chicken Marsala, but didn’t want a boring pasta dinner. Having just gotten home from the Harris Teeter, I had already thawed chicken, on sale Franks Red Hot, and 10 for $10 raw pizza dough. Threw this together on the fly and I have to say, it turned out pretty damn good!

Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Yield ~4 servings
Time 45 min.

1 Package of chicken tenders (.5 – 1 lb) worth
5 – 10 oz Franks Red Hot Sauce
1 Raw Pizza Dough ball
Flour
Jar of Pizza/Marinara sauce
1-2 packs of shredded Mozzarella cheese (2-3 cups worth)

Begin by browning the chicken in a skillet with ½ of the Franks Red Hot Sauce. After a few min of browning, add the rest of the sauce to the skillet. Start to break up the chicken in the skilled with any utensil so that it begins to look shredded. Once the chicken looks sufficiently browned, transfer it to a cutting board and chop the chicken so that the pieces are small and manageable, and place to the side for later.
On a surface with flour, roll out the pizza dough so that it is just slightly larger than the device you will be cooking on. For me, I use a pizza stone, so I make sure it goes 1 inch or so over the edge. Place the rolled out dough on the device and sprinkle Mozzarella cheese on the edges. (Here you can use legitimate Mozzarella cheese from a ball of cheese, or the shredded cheese works just fine.)
Take some water and wet the surface just inside the cheese on the edge and roll the dough, tightly over the cheese to make the stuffed crust. Then pour pizza sauce in the middle of the dough, spreading evenly. Add the chicken on top of the sauce (how ever much you desire at this point). Top with cheese and there you have your pizza!
Place the pizza in the oven for 17-20 min at 400 degrees. You can leave it in longer if you want the cheese to get darker on the top, so it is basically up to you. Remove the pizza, let it cool, and then slice up and enjoy with your beverage of choice – mine being a nice, cold beer!







No comments:

Post a Comment