Monday, September 17, 2012

SRHS 10 Year Reunion


Holy Moly! I had my first order over 3 dozen cupcakes this weekend. I slightly was worried about it but it ended up not being bad at all. My plan was on Friday I would bake all the cupcakes and Saturday morning I would frost the cupcakes. I proceeded with the plan which worked out pretty well. Except for the fact that I thought I was almost dying. I had this head ache that just wasn't going away for a few days, then Friday it consumed the entire back half of my head. Then my neck and my back were killing me and I couldn't move without being in pain. I still don't know why this happened, I'm just glad I'm feeling better. Anyway, the good thing was I was already done baking all of them by 5:15 Friday evening so I could do nothing but lay in bed all night. Saturday I woke up at 6:45 in the morning cause I felt even worse. I immediately started on the frosting so that I could rest all day. Luckily that only took about 3 hours. You wouldn't think it should take so long but when you run out of frosting with 7 cupcakes left (2 times) you have to make more. Apparently I still can't get portions right with cupcakes and I've been doing this a year now.

The good news is it seems like they were a hit. Someone I don't know commented on the picture on my facebook page saying they were amazing so even if only one person liked them they were a success in my book! And don't worry, I will bring you a recipe tomorrow! I keep forgetting my memory card but these ones will rock your world. They use figs which are awesome and it's even more awesome cause we just bought a fig tree so now I will have an endless supply! Yessssssss!

No comments:

Post a Comment