Monday, December 17, 2012

PB Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ever since I got this new job I have fallen off the face of the Earth. I used to have so much time and apparently it disappeared, completely. Don't fret though, because this week I am making a conscious effort to share 3 cookie recipes with you. You know, since it is the holidays and everyone is making Christmas cookies. Today it's some Peanut Butter Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies. I have had Nutella in the pantry that I've been dying to get rid of (so I can stop dipping my finger in it) and this was the perfect occasion. It's a miracle I was even able to bake these. Remember how long ago I started showing pictures of work we were doing in the kitchen? Well it's still going on... We got new hardwood floors put in, we painted, and now we're in the process of putting up the wainscoting which is what was going on when I tried to bake these. I thought I might lose my hearing from all the noises going on in the kitchen that day. Luckily, I survived and so did the cookies.

Peanut Butter Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yield ~ 2 1/2 dozen

1 stick butter
1/3 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
1 egg
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips
4 tablespoons Nutella

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl mix your butter (melted), peanut butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Then add in the egg and vanilla. Next mix in the flour, baking soda, and salt. Then fold in your chocolate chips and drop 1/2 tablespoon sized dollups of Nutella all over the dough. Stir it around just a little bit so the Nutella is swirled into the dough. Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden around edges.


No comments:

Post a Comment