Thursday, December 20, 2012

Trail Mix Cookie Bars

As promised here is installment 3 of the Christmas cookies. I came to my Mom's and spent 2 hours baking all 3 types of cookies to bring into work tomorrow. I definitely had no time to do it last night considering I was a little too busy at the gym winning a pair of lifting gloves! I'm pretty sure I'm in love with the instructor for Body Pump on Monday nights. She plays Christmas music all before class and last night she made Christmas barbell cookies! Totally a girl after my own heart. Then she had a drawing for a pair of lifting gloves. Every time you came to class since Thanksgiving, your name was entered for the drawing. Good thing all 4 people who were called before me weren't in class yesterday or I never would have won. Over ohhhhhh, 5 weeks I only put my name in once. Ooopsy. Luck was on my side last night, definitely not being healthy.


Trail Mix Cookie Bars
Yield ~36 squares

Cookie base
1 cup flour +2 tablespoons
1 stick of butter
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chips

Filling
1 can sweetened condensed  milk
1 egg
1 tablespoon flour
1 1/4 cups trail mix (any combination you prefer, place it in a bag and smash it with an ice cream scooper or hammer to crumble the nuts especially)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl cream the sugars and butter together. Next mix in the egg and vanilla. Then add in the flour, baking soda, and salt. Fold in the chocolate chips. Line a 9x9 pan with aluminum foil then spray with oil. Spread the cookie dough all over to make the cookie base. Bake for 8 minutes. Meanwhile in another bowl, mix the sweetened condensed milk, egg, and flour. After you take the cookie base out, pour the filling on top, then sprinkle the trail mix on top to cover it. Bake for another 20 minutes or until the top is barely jiggly.

No comments:

Post a Comment