Monday, December 24, 2012

Spice Cookies



Here I am! With the last cookie recipe before Christmas. Posting this post from my desk at work. Because I'm 1 of 3 people here. Wahhh! Ok, I'm done with my pitty party. Anyway, IT'S CHRISTMAS EVE! I am obsessed with Christmas by the way. It consumes my life, mainly the decorating. See my purty tree!?
Last night, I had a little Christmas get together. Well, it was supposed to be for 8 people. Then it grew to 12, then it grew to 17 unbeknownst to me. Let's just say it was quite the party with all the work that went into it but I was happy to have family from Georgia who I rarely see to my house. I was really excited too to show off all the work we've done. We are almost done our wainscoting and I will show you a picture soon. It's glorious. Back to the main subject of this post though, the cookies. These are probably some of the easiest cookies to make, ingredient wise and if you love spice cake you will love these as well.

Also, MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Spice Cookies
Yield ~ 60 cookies

1 box of Spice cake mix
8 ounces of cream cheese
1 stick of butter
1 egg

powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl mix the cream cheese and butter, then mix in the egg. Last mix in the cake mix. Take about 1 1/2 tablespoon balls of dough and roll them up then roll them in a bowl of powdered sugar to coat. Place on the cookie sheet. Bake for about 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment