Monday, January 28, 2013

Chocolate PB Spice Oatmeal Bars

Holy Mackerol. These things are just too many flavors going on at once to make a name for it! The best part is I didn't even bake them. So this is how these came to life. I was supposed to go to a party today so I was going to the grocery store after the gym. Then it got cancelled cause she was sick so I didn't go. Then I remember my Mom is having a Silpata party and I'd be a bad kid if I didn't go. Next I'm like I should probably bring something to share but I didn't go the grocery store and I was already home. So here comes the hunt for what to make. Currently somehow I have no butter, no flour, and no sugar. Who am I and how do I call myself a baker? What I do have is some coconut oil and half a package of spice cake mix. How I came up with this I will never know. You'll have to tell me what you think because honestly it's a little crazy but they were darn good!

Yield
~36 servings

1 1/4 cup spice cake mix
1 1/2 cup oats
1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
7 tablespoons coconut oil (vegetable oil will work as well)
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
1 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
2 tablespoons Crisco

In a bowl mix the spice cake mix, oats, powdered sugar, and salt. In another bowl put the coconut oil (veg oil) and peanut butter, then place it in the microwave for 60 seconds to melt it together. Then mix that bowl and pour it into the dry mix. Mix everything together, you may have to use your hands as I did just to make sure it was all mixed together. In an 8x8 or 9x9 pan, line it with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Press the mixture into the pan evenly. Next put your chocolate chips into a bowl with 2 tablespoons of Crisco and microwave for 2 minutes but do it 1 minute at a time. Once that's completely melted pour it on top of the cookie mixture and spread out evenly. Place in the refrigerator until solid, about 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment