Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Cakey Puppy Chow

MAN! I am SO bummed right now. For the first time ever I got a lottery ticket. I went to bed last night imagining what it would be like when I came in to work today. I would log on, check the winning numbers and I would about have a heart attack. I would quietly walk upstairs to my boss and tell him I didn't feel very well and needed to leave for the day. I would then figure out my plan of attack to let the powers that be know that I was the winner. I was advised though by a source not to tell anyone though "especially my friends because when I was invited to their weddings and only gave them a Cuisinart Panini Press they would be mad at me." This person sure gave me some good advice, huh? Oh well, guess I'll have to play my odds again for only the second time in history this Friday. Until then, I will be eating puppy chow. Not just any puppy chow but cake mix puppy chow. This is way better than plain old regular puppy chow and it brings a nice little unexpected pump of deliciousness to the chow. What's even cooler is you can use any kind of cake mix to give it whatever flavor you want, but it's a better flavor because cake mix is godly.

Cakey Puppy Chow
Yield 8 servings (1/2 cup)

4 cups Chex cereal
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup butterscotch chips
1 tablespoon shortening or butter
1 cup yellow cake mix (or whichever flavor you prefer)
1/4 cup powdered sugar

Place chips in a bowl and microwave at 30 second intervals until chips are melted. Stir in the shortening/butter. Next mix in the chex making sure to get all the cereal pieces covered with the mixture. After mixing, put the cake mix and powdered sugar in a large ziploc bag and  pour the cereal mixture in. Shake around until all the pieces are covered with the powder mixture. Serve and eat almost half like I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment