Monday, June 25, 2012

Corn Tomato Slaw

Welcome back! Now you finally get to see the recipe that goes oh so well with the crab cakes. It's really just right. I hope you all had a good weekend. I got to go to DC this Friday for dinner at Lincoln. It is pretty darn neat because the floor is covered with almost 800,000 pennies. How crazy is that? The restaurant is really fun with all Lincoln/1800's themes. All the cocktails are named after things in that era like emancipation punch and the lady lincoln. I'd say the best part of that dinner though was the salted caramel ice cream with caramelized bacon on top! I know this whole bacon in dessert phase has been around while but I still had never experienced it. I begged my boyfriend not to get dessert because we all know I wouldn't be able to resist it but he did it anyway. It was heavenly, now if only I could figure out how to make salted caramel ice cream and caramelized bacon bits. Then maybe more people would actually read my blog AND make comments. That would be the day! :)


Corn Tomato Slaw
Yield ~ 4 servings

2 ears corn, cut off
1/2 package grape tomatoes, halved
2 tablespoons butter
15 leaves of basil, chopped
salt and pepper

Pour a tablespoon of oil in a pan and bring to medium heat. Place corn in, seasoned with salt and pepper. Saute for about 5 minutes, then add in the tomatoes. Saute for another 5 minutes, then add in the basil. Keep on heat for a couple more minutes, then serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment