Monday, June 18, 2012

Spicy Corn Dip

Good Morning! Hope you all had a great Father's Day! I spent part of mine on the Black Pearl. It was pretty awesome. It was actually the HMS Bounty but it was used as the Black Pearl in Pirates of the Caribbean. When you see it in real life it doesn't look so much like the one in the movie though because they completely changed out all the masts and did a ton of cosmetic work to it. Then they changed it back. I think they should've left it the way Black Pearl was intended to be but that's just me. It would've made for a much cooler tour.
After that I started on dinner and made my Dad some Carolina BBQ and some Spicy Corn dip to have before we dug in. It was pretty tasty and a nice change up from the every day salsa although I still love salsa with all of my heart. It is hands down my favorite snack of all time. I could drink the salsa at El Toro Bravo in downtown Annapolis, maybe even bathe in it... Is that weird?

Spicy Corn Dip
Yield ~ 3 cups (enough for 5 people)

1 can corn
1/2 green pepper
1/2 onion
1/2 red pepper
handful of cilantro, chopped
2 tablespoons sour cream
1/3 cup mexican cheese blend
1/2-1 teaspoon chili powder (to your desired spice level)

Saute peppers and onion in a pan on medium high heat. Add them to corn, cilantro, sour cream, cheese, and chili powder. Refrigerate until ready to serve with some fritos!

No comments:

Post a Comment