Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Evil Jungle Noodles

I have been really out of it since my vacation, I tell you. I always post on Monday and I completely forgot to bring my memory card and adapter, therefor I had no post yesterday. At least I remembered today. This past weekend I went to another potluck party hosted by my friend but this time it was Thai themed. This made me very happy and excited since Thai is in my top 2 favorite kinds of food. Before I even had time to think what I should make, I already knew what I was going to try to attempt.

Rewind 3 years ago. I'd been living in North Dakota a few months and had finally started making friends and stopped reading books every day of my life. We went to Fargo to go to a baseball game and half were going to one place and the other half were going to a Thai place. I'd never been to this restaurant before, let alone even had Thai food, but this boy I really liked and just so happened to be seeing was going there so that sealed the deal. I had no idea what to get and frankly I'm surprised I tried what I did but it was called Evil Jungle Noodles. I was instantly in love and this was my inspiration for my recipe for the potluck!

  • Evil Jungle Noodles
  • Yield ~ 4 servings

  • 1 red bell pepper, sliced
  • 1 small onion, sliced
  • 1 cup cabbage
  • 1 can bamboo shoots
  • 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or enough for you desired level of spice)
  • tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1 tablespoon red curry paste
  • 1/2 can coconut milk (14 ounce)
  • tablespoon fish sauce
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • ~8 ounces rice noodles 

  • Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan and saute peppers, onion, cabbage, and bamboo shoots with red pepper flakes. In a separate pan, heat the other 1 tablespoon oil to medium-high and add a tablespoon of curry paste. Add coconut milk, fish sauce, and soy sauce then mix together. Let simmer for a few minutes mixing occasionally. While simmering, make your rice noodles. Just boil them until slightly al dente as they will soak up more liquid once combined with the sauce and vegetables. Drain the noodles and pour the noodles and vegetables into the sauce. Mix together and keep on medium heat for another 5 minutes to let the flavors mix together. Serve.

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment