Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Asian Chicken Wonton Cups

Finally! I'm sharing the last recipe of my Dad's birthday party! I saved the best for last in my opinion. As much of a sugar dessert freak as I am, I love LOVE LOVE any kind of Asian food just as much. This recipe will not disappoint either. They look so fancy and pretty but are so easy to make. In fact, as of 7:23, which is right now, I am craving these like whoa. I guess I'll just have to wait for another party to go to so I can make them again. That won't be for a while though considering I have about 50,000 things going on in the next week. This Friday we have a KBTM Cakes order for a bridal shower, Saturday morning I have another 10K all the way in St. Michael's, then I have to go to Ocean City for the day for a graduation party. Those 24 hours will be super hectic which is a little more than I can handle. We'll see how I fare. At least the good thing is, by Tuesday I will be on a plane to.... 

Asian Chicken Wonton Cups
Yield 24 cups

24 Wonton squares
3 tablespoons peanut butter
3 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (juice of one lime)
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 tablespoon honey 
2 teaspoons chili puree with garlic
1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
3 green onion stalks, sliced
1 cup chicken, cooked and chopped
1/2 cup napa cabbage, shredded

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray and place wonton squares inside tin. Bake for about 10 minutes until browned and crispy. In a bowl mix together the peanut butter, water, lime juice, rice vinegar, honey, and chili puree. Mix in the almonds, green onions, and chicken. Last place some of the napa cabbage in each wonton cup (about 1/2 filled), then fill the rest with a spoonful of the chicken mixture. 


No comments:

Post a Comment