Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Crockpot Beef Brisket

Yesterday I was planning on going to Bikram Yoga. I even drank my two full water bottles of water in preparation for the amount of weight, I mean water I would lose, darnit. I laid down on the couch after work thinking I'd take a little cat nap before I went. Terrible idea... I love naps and once I hit the pillow it's mighty hard for me to get up. I ended up sleeping for an hour and rode my bike instead to at least get some exercise in. Let me tell you, this was my second terrible idea of the afternoon. I'm about a mile in and it seems extra hard to bike. Some guy comes up behind me and is like "I hate to say it but I think you need some air in your tire." Palm to face, ugh. Well I'm not turning around now I thought to myself. I continued to trudge on for another 6 miles only to be smacked in the face with no less than 15 large bugs which would then cause me to veer off to the side of the trail in hopes I didn't crash. Then halfway through when the same guy passed me I just put my face down cause I didn't want him to see me STILL biking. It's pathetic how embarrassed I was of my almost flat tire. I kept thinking all those legit bikers passing me are probably like what's wrong with this girl? When I finally got back I was glad it was over and sat down on the couch, then two bugs fell out of my hair... Lesson learned, don't skip a class inside for outside biking. Now that I've successfully grossed you out I'll tell you about our recipe. And, who wants to buy me this?
This brisket is why I had to make that beer bread I shared with you all on Monday. When we made it I was thinking it was for sandwiches as well. When egg noodles were brought out that evening, I was like ummm... what are those for!? Apparently, this was a childhood meal of my boyfriend and this is how they had it every time. I must admit it was a good combination so I didn't mind that it was a little out of the ordinary. You can do what we did, which is put it on top of egg noodles, or you can make a sandwich or eat it plain. It's up to you!

Beef Brisket
Yield ~ a lot of servings, depending what you use it for 8-16

3-4 pounds beef brisket (shoulder works too if you're on a budget)
2 bottles of chili sauce
1 12 ounce beer (flavor your choice)
1 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon garlic powder

Place your meat in a crockpot. Pour the chili sauce and beer in, then add the pepper, salt, red pepper flakes, and garlic powder. Cover your crockpot and put it on high for 5 hours, then put it on low for the last 3 hours and you're ready! It will be so fall apart tender you're going to be in love.



No comments:

Post a Comment