Friday, May 11, 2012

Guacamole

Hello almost Weekend! It looks like it will be a beautiful one here in Maryland too! That nice weather I'd say started about yesterday which lead to me getting a really awesome sunglass burn on my face. I got to go out in the field yesterday instead of sitting at my desk all day. It was a welcome change-up as I went to the Naval Academy and did the annual inspection of NOAA's tide gauge there. It pretty much consisted of finding bench marks and cleaning tubes and measuring distances aka surveying. To some that might sound boring but I'd say my favorite part of the day was when I single handedly drilled a bolt into the concrete side of a building. I felt like I finally had a reason for going to all those Body Pump classes after all, busting out... the guns. Anyway, I'm excited because this weekends weather will be mid to upper 70's and sunny and that sounds just about perfect to me. Even more perfect for some cook outs which include guacamole and chips. I will call this the go-to-guac. There are a lot more versions of guacamole than you would probably imagine but this one is my favorite. When this was made the entire thing was gone in one evening between 2 people... oops. 

Guacmole
Servings ~ 2 cups (you decide how much people will eat)

3 avocados
1/2 onion, diced
2 jalapenos, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 limes, juiced
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
good pinch of salt

Cut your avocados in half along the seed and scoop it out of the skin into the bowl. Add in the onions, garlic, and jalapenos. (For the jalapano you can add in all the fruit, but only mix in enough of the seeds to make it to your preferred spice level) Then add in the juice of 2 limes, cilantro, and a big pinch of salt. Slightly mash everything together and give it a good mix. 



No comments:

Post a Comment