Monday, August 27, 2012

Chocolate Chip Brownies

I can't even wait long enough to take a picture of my food before I dig in. Definition of fat kid. As I write this I may have just had a few more bites of those brownies just because they're only a room away. Normally I would be safe from myself and those brownies but I am teleworking today because a lovely dump truck decided to dump some stuff off in the middle of the interstate unbeknownst to him. Yes... when it happened I was driving by and it just seemed a little extra rattly compared to normal dump trucks and I got a bad feeling. I decided to speed up to pass it but right then something flew off of it. It was fate, and inevitable that I was going to hit it. Whatever it was hit the underneath of my car and I heard metal scraping sounds the whole drive home. Thankfully my dad came to the rescue today for me and has saved me possibly hundreds of dollars. A huge metal scrap flew off the truck and hit the undercarriage of my car and lodged itself in there. I guess it's a good thing there's a protective covering under there or it could have been a lot worse. So I bring you the recipe for these brownies, one of my favorite desserts in the world as I snack on them all morning. Now I really  have to go for a run later...

Chocolate Chip Brownies
Yield ~12 servings

1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup boiling water
1/3 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
4 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups sugar
1 3/4 cup flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl mix the cocoa powder and water, then add in the bittersweet chocolate chips until fully melted. Next mix in the butter and vegetable oil, then the eggs and vanilla. Last add the sugar, flour, and salt until thoroughly mixed. Fold in the chocolate chips and pour into a greased pan. Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment