Friday, August 17, 2012

Oreo PB Chocolate Chip Cookies

I'm back! Sadly though... but at least I only had a 2 day work week. I might even go as far as to say I was ready to be back only because I needed a break from all the partying. Some members of our friends and family like to a party a little more than me though which may have sucked me in but it was a blast. Here is a picture of me and one of my best friends Jessica at the Jersey Shore D'Jais. We were fortunate not to see any of the members. This was the same evening I proceeded to speak as Theresa, my alter Staton Island ego. Let's just say it was one of the most hilarious walks back to the house. We got to spend 3 of the 5 days at the beach too so I was pretty happy with that.
Every evening around 4 or 5 the cocktails started flowing and this was our view on the porch. It was seriously the best porch sitting of my life. One of the nights we just stayed there the whole time and played catch phrase. 
Let's be serious though, you're here for food not pictures of my vacation. So here it is. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies insde an Oreo. Yea... I made them Friday night planning to pack them up instantly to take the beach except that didn't happen. All 30 definitely did not make it into the tupper ware. 

Oreo PB Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yield ~ 30 cookies

30 Oreo cookies
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
1 cup chocolate chips
4 tablespoons peanut butter

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cream butter and sugar together. Add in vanilla and egg. Next mix in the flour, baking soda, and salt. Last fold in the chocolate chips and peanut butter. Using a knife slice the Oreos in half so that all the cream is on one side then place the non cream side on a greased cookie sheet. Take about 1 tablespoon of cookie dough and place it on top of each Oreo half. Bake for 10 minutes then immediately place the creamed Oreo side on top and let cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment