Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Corn Cakes

With hurricanes going on it's really hard for me to concentrate on actually making food when I can be watching footage of the wind and rain or looking at amazing satellite imagery. Currently it's very hard to do any work because I'm slightly preoccupied looking at awesome pictures like this one of Isaac at night.
I don't know about you but if that doesn't make you all giddy you must have some issues. This makes me want to jump and scream I LOVE WEATHER. It also makes me want my own hurricane in Maryland. I've already discussed my morbid obsession for severe weather (which is expected). I mean it's not like I want anyone to get hurt or someones home to be destroyed but I just want to see it with my own eyes. I want to pull a stupid Jim Cantore and stand in between two tall buildings and be pelted by the funnel of wind and rain which could lead me into another subject involving him and weather television but I'll save that for another day. All I'm trying to say is, there better be a hurricane for the East Coast before this season is over.

Corn Cakes
Yield ~16 cakes

1/2 cup flour
paprika
chili powder
red pepper flakes
dried minced onion
salt and pepper
1 1/2 cups corn
1 egg
1/4 cup milk
1 tablespoon oil

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl mix the flour, paprika, chili powder, red pepper flakes, onion, salt, and pepper. Then add in the egg, milk, and oil. Last fold in the corn. Take large spoonfuls and place them on a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 20 minutes until golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment