Thursday, August 2, 2012

Roasted Eggplant & Zucchini Salad

It's Thursday which means it's almost Friday which also means I'm that much happier. Except for the fact I didn't sleep last night. Around 7:45 boyfriend says "Let's go see Dark Knight" for an 8 o'clock showing. I'm like are you serious, my bed time is 9:15. Reluctantly I tagged along but I will say that the movie was very good and I was hanging on my seat a lot. We didn't get home until 11:10 though which means Ashley = Grumpy. I tried to go to sleep instantly but all I could see when I closed my eyes was this... RAWR
Let's just say my night resulted in 2 1/2 hours of sleep. Surprisingly I didn't have nightmares, I just couldn't fall asleep cause it was giving me anxiety of all things. At least I know I couldn't sleep because of a silly movie and not my dinner or its side dish. I can honestly say this one surprised me. I kind of was just like oh, we have eggplant and zucchini so I'll just make something up. This ended up being fantastic. I almost ate the entire bowl it was so good. 

Roasted Eggplant & Zucchini Salad
Yield ~6 servings

1 eggplant, sliced
1/2 zucchini, sliced 
salt & pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 cup parsley, chopped
1 ounce goat cheese, crumbled

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place eggplant and zucchini slices on an oiled cookie sheet and sprinkle some salt and pepper all over. Roast in the oven for 40 minutes. Let cool, then dice the eggplant and zucchini. Place in a bowl and mix with the olive oil, cider vinegar, honey, and garlic powder. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to cool. Then mix in the lemon juice, soy sauce, parsley, and goat cheese. Serve cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment