Monday, July 30, 2012

Eggless Applesauce Cake- Vegan

I almost debated not putting this up because visually it was not as pleasing at it was tastefully. Then I thought, well what it tastes like is way more important than what it looks like so I couldn't just pass it up. I made the accident of not spraying enough oil on the bundt pan so as you can see obviously some of the cake was being very resistant on coming out of the pan.

When we were moving my mom found this recipe that was my Great Grandma's. Some of my family members like to believe she made this cake recipe for my Dad because of his so called egg allergy *cough cough* but we all know that's totally not true and it's more along the lines of because butter and eggs were expensive back in the day. So my Mom found the recipe and wanted me to make it because my dad loves apples, cinnamon, and anything in that general genre. He loved it and if you like that type of dessert you will too. I was just happy to be baking after my Saturday of plaster death. I plastered all the white area in this picture, then I got a blister and wanted to cry. This is why your boyfriend should never assign you a task to do all by yourself! Home improvement projects require at least 2 people. At least the next part of this will have an end result of some awesome wainscoting and sage green walls.
Eggless Applesauce Cake
Yield ~16 servings

1 1/4 cup sugar
2 1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
1 1/2 cups apple sauce
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon nutmeg
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 tablespoons vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup raisins

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream the shortening and sugar together. Next add in the flour, vinegar, and applesauce. Last mix the cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, baking soda, salt, and raisins in. Bake 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment