Monday, July 16, 2012

Cucumber Salad

Why does Monday always come so quickly? Especially when that means my birthday weekend is officially over. Whomp whomp. I'd have to say my one of my favorite parts of the weekend was yesterday on the boat! The way to do wine on a boat is obviously with sippy cups! Those clouds I was so excited about ended up turning into some crazy storms and we were scrambling to get the boat in between lightning strikes. Most people would've been scared, I was creepily excited about it.
Well I knew it had to come to an end eventually so I'll leave you with a great refreshing summer side! Cucumber salad is awesome for so many of your meals during the summer. It would go great with some burgers, grilled chicken, or anything. It's even better if you've got them growing out in  your garden. I actually got mine from my coworker since our garden is a little behind schedule this year. She came in with a huge paper bag and was like take what you want. I happily ended up with 2 cucumbers and 3 squash.

Cucumber Salad
Yield ~6 servings

2 large cucumbers, sliced
1/2 onion, sliced thinly
3/4 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon dill
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 tablespoon peppercorns
dash of red pepper flakes

Slice your cucumber and onions and place them in a bowl. Then mix in the vinegar, water, sugar, dill, peppercorns, and red pepper flakes. Place it all in a tupperware container for storage and shake it up to mix it together well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment