Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Strawberry Rolls with Praline Glaze

Whenever I have to think of a new recipe my mind always floats away to desserts. I have to try really hard not to make a dessert. I don't exactly want a blog just about them plus my coworkers start to get slightly mad at me for bringing them in so frequently. Therefore I have to change it up every once in a while. I hadn't done a breakfast recipe in a long time so I figured I'd give it a whirl. Bisquick makes life so much easier. You don't have to think about all the extras like flour, baking soda, etc. It's just all there and perfect for so many recipes. So I took on the cinnamon roll with a twist. Obviously those are to die for but just adding in some jam instead is a nice change up. You can really do so much with these and make them any flavor you'd like. I've done raspberry jam with some orange zest as well which is really great too. 

Strawberry Rolls with Praline Glaze
Yield ~12 rolls

3 cups bisquick
3/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons sour cream
2 tablespoons sugar
1 cup strawberry jelly/jam (you can use any flavor to mix it up)
1 cup powdered sugar
3 tablespoons praline syrup (or 3 tablespoons cream mixed with 3 tablespoons brown sugar)

In a bowl mix the bisquick, milk, sour cream, and sugar. Roll into a ball of dough. Sprinkle some extra bisquick on the counter and roll the dough out to a rectangle about 18 inches by 8 inches roughly. Spread your jelly or jam to cover the entire surface. Take one end of the long side and start rolling it up together to make the roll. Then cut sections about 2 inches long and place them on a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until slightly golden. Let cool and make the glaze by mixing the powdered sugar and syrup or cream. Once they have cooled a bit drizzle the glaze on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment