Monday, July 2, 2012

Buttons and Bows

Is anyone else terribly ready for a vacation? Even though I just took one a month ago it seems so far. I'm already ready to get away. I need to take a personal vacation alone and just chill out. I'm sure that would be really great but I'd probably be bored by the second day. Maybe if I had my sister come then it would be better. Right about now she's one of the few people I could actually want to go away on a vacation with. I just need a break from life, how about you?

Speaking of my sister though... Sis was testing out recipes for a future brunch at her cafe. I was the lucky taste tester. Today I am featuring one of her recipes for breakfast! This only took me a few weeks... I mean months to post. I somehow sadly lost this posting in between all my others. 

Buttons and Bows
Yield ~ 12 

2 cups Bisquick mix
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup milk
1 egg
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix together bisquick, sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, milk, and egg to make a dough. Sprinkle flat surface with some extra bisquick and knead the dough a few times and roll it out. To make the bows you can cut strips and just fold one piece over the other. Otherwise you can just make the buttons which are just little balls of dough and place them on a cookie sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes then immediately brush them with the melted butter then sprinkle the sugar on them. If you do not have a brush (along the lines of marinade brush) you can dip them halfway in the melted butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment