Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Peach Cream Pies

Guess what? It's July 11 which means Bastille Day is only 3 days away. I know you all can't wait for Bastille Day... me either cause it's my BIRTHDAY! I know! You can't handle your excitement either but some way we'll make it through together. Somehow these birthdays get less and less exciting every year. Last year I was in denial of turning a quarter century. To try and make it through the day I just wore a quarter on a necklace to at least bring some comedy to my day. Then the presents get less exciting too, mostly because I have no idea what to ask for. I can't even think of anything I need or want. All I asked for was thisthis, and this. Talk about a boring birthday list. Maybe someone will surprise me with something I didn't even know I wanted! :)

Peach Cream Pies
Yield ~20

3/4 cup sugar
6 tablespoons butter
1 egg
1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 container Cool Whip
4 ounces cream cheese (room temp)
2 peaches, sliced

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a bowl cream together sugar and butter, then add in the egg. Next mix in the flour, salt, and baking powder. Put about 1 1/2 tablespoons dough in each mini muffin tin space. Dip your finger in flour or powdered sugar (so they don't stick to the dough) and press down in the middle of each opening so that they look like little shells to hold the filling. Bake ~8 minutes. Let the cookie shells cool and mix together the cream cheese and Cool Whip in a bowl. Place a dollop of the mixture into the center of each shell then place a couple slices of peach on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment