Friday, July 20, 2012

Banana Oreo Chocolate Cake Pops

These might be my favorite cake pops I've ever made. Hopefully my sister doesn't actually read my blog today or the surprise will be ruined. We are going on the Urban Pirates cruise tonight after dinner for her birthday. I made these to get us in the spirit. I'm pretty darn excited to get all dressed up and play the part. I don't know how anyone wouldn't think this was the best idea ever and it's byob. I thought about making the pops look like her favorite animal then I realized nothing was more fitting than pirates so these were born. And of course I forgot my camera to show you all the other pics I took of making them. Let's be honest though, no one really cares about anything but the finished product anyway. A box of cake mix isn't going to get you a repin. Maybe, just maybe these little guys will get 1 repin. At least I hope :)

Banana Oreo Chocolate Cake Pops
Yield ~24 pops

1/2 package chocolate cake mix
1/2 package banana pudding mix (3.9 ounces)
1/2 vanilla frosting container
10 Oreo cookies
1/3 cup oil
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup sour cream
2 eggs
16 ounces candy melts

In a bowl mix the cake mix and pudding mix together to get rid of clumps. Then add in the oil, water, sour cream, and eggs. Mix together and pour into a cake pan (I used an 8x11). Bake for ~40 minutes or until set.  Wait for cake to cool then crumble it into a bowl. Take your oreos and crush them in a bag or put them in the food processor, then pour them in the bowl. Last add half the vanilla frosting mixture and mix everything together. Take small handfuls and make the cake balls about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Place them in the freezer to stiffen for a half hour. The rest is just the same as any other cake pop direction. You can read the directions from my other posting here. Just don't worry about the snitch wings!

If you're interested in making them to look like pirates you just need to melt another color of candy melts and redip them only halfway though. They make pens that you can write on candy and fondant with so I just used those to draw their faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment