Monday, July 9, 2012

Key Lime Cookies


I've been so MIA lately, I apologize. Between 4th of July, birthdays, weddings it's hard to keep up with cooking. At least I got these babies in though. As usual when I make desserts I quickly try to bring them to work so they are not just sitting on my kitchen counter screaming "Ashley come eat us, please, you know you want toooooo" cause that's what they would have done... in addition to every other type of snack in my fridge and pantry including but not limited to chocolate chips, cool whip, laughing cow cheese wedges and so on. These were delectable though and my co-workers obviously agreed when 2 hours later they were all gone. 

Key Lime Cookies 
Yield ~36 cookies

4 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoon oil
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 egg
1 tablespoon Key Lime juice
1 1/4 cup flour
2 teaspoons lime zest
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
dash of salt
1 1/2 cups granola

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter, oil, and sugar together. Add the egg, Key Lime juice, and lime zest. Last stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Put the granola in a bowl. Make balls of dough about 1- 1 1/2 inches in diameter then roll them in the granola then place on cookie sheet. Bake 15-18 minutes until slightly golden brown. 

No comments:

Post a Comment