Friday, July 13, 2012

Thai Chicken Burger

I'm pretty sure by now it's quite obvious that I mostly eat Asian, Mexican, and desserts. This is just another one of my many reasons why. So what do you do when you have a ton of chicken? Get creative, which in my mind meant grinding my own chicken breasts. I'm not sure why I thought this would be a fun idea. It much more resembled a horror movie if you catch my drift. 'Grinding Death of the Chicken Breast'... sure sounds like a good movie... If this kind of stuff doesn't slightly bother you then by all means grind away! Otherwise, just buy the preground chicken at the grocery store. At least once that was over it was smooth sailing and my dinner was spectacular. I almost wished I had saved this for tonight for my family birthday get together but no worries cause I know what we have instead will be just as great. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and maybe get a chance to have one of these while hanging out on your back deck. 

Thai Chicken Burgers
Yield ~4 burger

1 pound ground chicken (we actually ground 2 large chicken breasts)
1 cup carrots, grated
1/4 onion, diced small
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 tablespoon ginger, grated
juice of 1/2 a lime
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon siracha
1 teaspoon fish sauce
1 teaspoon soy sauce
2 tablespoons sesame seeds

Place the ground chicken in a bowl and put all the other ingredients in as well. Mix together and make 4 patties. Spray a pan with oil and place patties in at medium high heat. Cook for about 7 minutes on one side then flip and cook for another 7 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment