Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Pork Souvlaki

It's Wednesday and I have been up since 3:55 AM. Why, you ask? Well it's a little thing called work. A team I joined where we make postings when there are hurricanes and tropical storms. So I was up and waiting patiently for the data to come in so I could make this map. Except the data didn't come in when it always seems to, about 10-15 before the hour. The hour came and I still had no data, panic mode begin. I almost woke up my boyfriend to make him help me, (like he would have had any idea how to make the data come) but I thought better of it because a) he would have gotten mad and b) he can't do anything. So I kept waiting and finally it came and left me with 25 minutes less than normal to make the map. Somehow I forged on and finished on time. I feel much better now. All I need is some coffee and I might start to feel normal.
Anyway, I'm finally bringing the recipe for Pork Souvlaki! It's only 2 weeks later than I had originally planned for. YAY. Make this today so you can have it for dinner tomorrow and you will be happy. I promise. This is what I had for my birthday dinner last year and that's my birthday dinner, not just regular dinner so imagine how amazing it must be. Thank you very much.

Pork Souvlaki
Yield ~6 servings

1 pound of pork tenderloin/chop/etc, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 lemon, juiced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup fresh oregano
dash salt and pepper

Tzatziki Sauce

1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cucumber, diced small
2 tablespoons mint, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 lemon, juiced

First start with the tzatziki sauce. Mix together sour cream, cucumber, mint, garlic, and lemon juice. Next you prepare the meat. In a bowl mix together the garlic, mint, salt, and pepper with the pork. Cover it and let it sit for a day to marinate in refrigerator. After that place them on skewers, then transfer to a grill until cooked to your liking. Serve the meat in a pita with tomatoes, onions, lettuce, feta cheese, and tzatziki sauce!


No comments:

Post a Comment