Monday, August 20, 2012

Peach Tea Cake

The entire time I was in Jersey I baked once. I let everyone else do most of the cooking or we just ate out. The one night we planned an amazing homemade feast I decided to contribute a dessert for it. I had gotten a big container of peaches and thought a peach cake would be great, considering all we'd eaten til then were chocolate cookies. A light dessert sounded perfect. I went about making my cake and took it out after 30 minutes figuring it was done just because the top was starting to brown. It sat out waiting patiently for us to attack it after dinner. My sister decides to dig in 5 hours later and the entire center was batter still! UGH. I never make big cooking boo-boos like that. As stupid as it is I was so embarrassed. Back in the oven it went for another 30 minutes almost! Then it was scrumptious. So now I'm finally sharing it with you.

In other words though, I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I spent Saturday evening on our boat which was super fun. Sunday morning I was woken up with this! It was quite the welcomed surprise. I was like... "a mimosa!?! It's only 8 o'clock!" Boyfriend says... "I figured you might need a little hair of the dog" He was right. 
Peach Tea Cake
Yield ~8-10 servings

2 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
3 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
5 peaches, sliced

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cream the room temperature butter and sugar together. Next add in the eggs and vanilla. Mix in the flour, baking soda, and salt. Put the batter in the fridge for about an hour to make it thicker. After that grease a ~10 inch pan and put half the batter in. Then place all your sliced peaches on top of that batter. Next take spoonfuls of the batter and just drop them on top of the peaches until they are mostly covered as you can see in the picture below. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean. 

No comments:

Post a Comment