Monday, April 2, 2012

Mexican Slaw


It's Monday... again. My Monday is slightly rougher than my normal Monday but it's my fault. I had a Sunday Funday yesterday but I don't regret it. Having those random days like that are always a blast. I went to brunch in Federal Hill in Baltimore then made a pit stop at a local restaurant on the way back and further broadened my new found red wine horizons. I then ended the day by making some form of an apple pie dish and eating half of it. I say some form because it wasn't pie but I don't even know what to call it. I can't even tell you what the bottom part of it was. It kind of just consisted of some doughy cakey bottom with apples and a streusel topping. Maybe I should give Hannah Hart a call and chat with her about my Sunday shenanigans. I'd say my day was a success. 

Remember that Mexican slaw I told you about that went so well with those little pies on Friday? This is it! It really goes great with any kind of Mexican style dish. It's so light and refreshing and it's a great compliment to those heavier main dishes. 

Mexican Slaw
Yield 6 cups

Prepackaged coleslaw mix (cabbage, carrots)
3 tablespoons rice vinegar 
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 tablespoon canola oil
juice of 1 lime
large handful of chopped cilantro
1 jalapeno, diced

Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix together. Let sit in refrigerator for about an hour so the flavors set in together. 



No comments:

Post a Comment