Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Potstickers



So I say let's make summer rolls, boyfriend says I'm gonna one up you and make potstickers to go along. What do I say? Nothing, because who complains about having potstickers along with their summer rolls (which will be making an appearance soon). I'm in love... with potstickers. Thank goodness we had so many because I've had them for dinner multiple times in the last week. If you have a little extra time on your hands you need to make these. You won't be sorry. In fact, you will rejoice to the heavens that this amazing dish is in front of you. That is all. Honestly, isn't this picture enough to convince you to make these?

Side note: I'm super excited because tomorrow is my first Crohn's and Colitis fundraiser of the year and it's at Chevy's which I already talked about here BUT I just wanted to express my excitement one more time. I can't wait for chips and salsa. My all time favorite snack. And that whole fundraising part, that's good too. Hopefully, it will really help out our team!

Potstickers
Yield ~40

Package of wonton wrappers
1 pound ground turkey or pork
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon ginger, minced
1/2 onion, diced fine
1 tablespoon rice wine
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1.5 tablespoon soy sauce

vegetable/canola oil
1 cup water

Sauce:
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoon rice vinegar
2 tablespoons ginger, 1 tbs diced and 1 tbs minced
1 tablespoon sugar
3 cloves garlic, minced

Mix together the garlic, ginger, onion, rice wine, sesame oil, soy sauce, and turkey or pork. To create the potstickers, take a wonton wrapper and line the edges with water. Place a little less than 1 tablespoon of the meat mixture in the wrapper. Take two edges opposite each other and pinch together. Then pinch the rest of the edges together and scrunch them up to look like potstickers below. In a separate bowl for the sauce, mix together soy sauce, rice vinegar, ginger, sugar, and garlic. Put a frying pan on medium high and put just enough oil to cover the pan. Place potstickers in to cook for about 30 seconds, then add in some water and cover the pan to steam the potstickers the rest of the way (about 5 min). Be careful when you pour the water in not to burn yourself though.

No comments:

Post a Comment