Friday, April 27, 2012

Nutella Chocolate Cupcakes

Yay Friday! I was super excited about this weekend because we were supposed to have a yard sale tomorrow and all the proceeds were going to go to my Crohn's walk. The darn weather had other plans for us though. This warm front and low pressure are saying "Sorry, but you're just going to have to wait to raise money for the CCFA!" That's not very nice, is it? Guess I'll have to wait two weeks since that's the next time we can do this sale. What is nice though, is this post! This is way more about the cake than the frosting too. It just so happened I put some serious frosting on these bad boys. I wanted to test some different chocolate cake recipes and when it came time to make these I realized I had NO chocolate chips. So I resorted to the next best thing, Nutella. These didn't taste especially Nutella-like but it must have done something because these were the best chocolate cupcakes I've ever had... hands down. 

Nutella Chocolate Cupcakes
Yield ~18 cupcakes/48 mini cupcakes

1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup Nutella
1/3 cup oil
1 1/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/ tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup milk



Vanilla Frosting
Frosting recipe without the coconut

Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl, add in the nutella and mix. Next mix in the vanilla extract, oil, and sugar, then the eggs. In a separate bowl, mix together the cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, and flour then make a well in it. Pour the liquid mixture into the dry and mix together. Last fold in the sour cream and milk until completely mixed. Pour batter into cupcake tins and bake for about 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. I made some of these regular sized and some mini so baking time will vary. The minis took more like 15 minutes. 





No comments:

Post a Comment